Interested in applying to our magnet school at Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students?
You must apply to enter our magnet program.
You can check our School Finder to determine your magnet area (east or west).
Who Can Attend the Spencer Center for Gifted and Exceptional Students?
Students currently attending Cincinnati Public Schools, as well as those in charter or non-public schools located within the district, are eligible to apply as long as they meet eligibility requirements:
For Gifted Students (grades 3-10)
- Rank at the Superior Cognitive level on a cognitive abilities test,
- Score at the 95th percentile or higher in two of the following subjects on the Iowa Test or other standardized achievement test: Reading, Math, Social Studies or Science. One of the two subjects must be either Math or Reading.
For Exceptional Students (grades 3-10)
- Scores between 85th and 94th percentile on the Iowa reading test,
- Scores at 123 or above on the Inview Cognitive Skills Index,
- Scores at 123 or above on the CogAT Student-Aged Score (SAS).
- Application Process: Customer Help Center (513) 363-0123
- Programming: Student Services Department (513) 363-0281
Use the following links for more information on how to enroll:
- CPS Enrollment Guidelines
- Magnet School Enrollment
- Preschool Enrollment
- Kindergarten Enrollment Guidelines
- First Grade Enrollment Guidelines
- Second-Sixth Grade Enrollment and Transfers
For more information about student registration and enrollment contacting us by email or phone.