Cincinnati Public Schools' College and Career Departments will continue to host the Beyond the Tassel speaker series during the 2021–2022 school year.
This series was created as an opportunity to connect with students and families with critical topics associated with college and career attainment. The series will be streamed online via Facebook Live on the dates listed below. Students and families get an opportunity to listen and ask questions of area experts in the college and career space. All times are at 2 p.m.
College/Career Beyond the Tassel (BTT) Dates — 2021–2022 School Year
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021 — This event will focus on how students can use Naviance — CPS’ College and Career Planning Program — in connection with choosing a career and what tools they have at their disposal.
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021 — Creating Your College Timeline — Learn about online tools in Schoology and beyond to establish their senior year college timeline. Juniors and Seniors may find the session particularly helpful. Viewers will walk away with a planning document and actionable next steps to ensure they are staying on track, aware of key scholarship dates and privy to insider admissions information!
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021 — HealthFORCE — This Beyond the Tassel session will focus on HealthFORCE, which is a signature annual event of The Health Collaborative to give high school students the opportunity to explore an entire range of careers in healthcare! Staff from the Health Collaborative will talk about this exciting opportunity as well as some other areas that assist students and the community with health careers. Since the event will occur in November, this Beyond the Tassel session will give valuable information about how to register and attend this virtual event.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021 — FAFSA/Paying for College — Join professional staff from University of Cincinnati and Chatfield College in discussing the ins and outs of college cost, financial support and the basics of filing out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 — Greater Cincinnati Microenterprise Initiative — The Greater Cincinnati Microenterprise Initiative (GCMI) is an entrepreneurial education program designed to help individuals and small business owners develop and recognize opportunities for their business. GCMI has been supporting and developing entrepreneurs since 1998. This presentation will focus on giving students and others who are interested tips and strategies as to how to start your own business and have it flourish. Please join us for this exciting presentation.
- Tuesday, December 14, 2021
- Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022 — Resources for Engligh Language Learners (ELL) and Undocumented Students
- Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- Tuesday, February 22, 2022
- Tuesday, March 8, 2022
- Tuesday, March 22, 2022
- Tuesday, April 12, 2022
- Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Tuesday, May 3, 2022
- Tuesday, May 10, 2022