Last night, the Board of Cincinnati Public Schools voted to temporarily return to remote learning due to ongoing staffing shortages that are a result of an increase in COVID-19 in the community. In-person learning is scheduled to resume on Monday, January 24, if staffing levels are sufficient to safely reopen schools.
As a staff, we worked hard to be prepared for this change. You will notice that our remote learning schedule is the same as our in-person schedule. We have designed the daily schedule to mirror our in-person schedule for the following reasons:
- To ensure that students see all of their teachers everyday
- To ease the transition and make the learning environment feel familiar and as predictable as possible
Need someone to talk to? To provide ongoing support to students, we will have open office hours with members of the Support Pack. Students can use the google meet code SpencerSupportPack to stop by and chat between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
While this shift to remote learning is temporary, it is still critical that we communicate our expectations for this new learning environment, so that all students can engage meaningfully with their teachers and their peers. Each day, students are expected to:
- Students will have their attendance taken in the virtual classroom in the same way that we do in person. This means that they must login to their google meets classes on time each day. The google meet codes for each class are included in the schedule and follow the same consistent pattern.
- Maintain professionalism while in their classes. Please review the Google Meet Etiquette sheet attached.
- Participate actively in class discussions. These class sessions are specifically designed to support student learning in a virtual environment and students are encouraged to use their voices and the classroom chat to participate appropriately and actively.
- Keep up with their assigned coursework. Teachers have mindfully designed learning experiences that will translate well into the virtual learning environment. Students should check their Schoology Courses for each class to check for their materials, complete work, and submit work to their teachers. Students can use Schoology Messenger or email to reach out for questions outside of their class time.
Be safe. Stay well. We look forward to returning to in-person instruction on January 24, 2022.
Ms. Ginocchio and the WolfPACK Team
- Family Communication: Temporary Return to Remote Learning
- Remote Learning Schedule: Upper School
- Remote Learning Schedule: Lower School
- Google Meet Etiquette