Below is an update following this evening's school board meeting regarding Metro XTRA Routes, the CPS mask policy and quarantine guidelines. Please note that yellow bus routes are not impacted by the Metro route changes for high school students.
Metro XTRA Routes — Impacting High School Students
- CPS continues to advocate for the reinstatement of XTRA routes by SORTA prior to the first day of school, August 19. Specifically, CPS is requesting a joint CPS and SORTA leadership and board discussion to get to a positive resolution for our family.
- CPS will provide an update to our parents and students next week following SORTA's public meeting tomorrow and additional CPS/SORTA discussions.
- In the meantime we encourage our families to reach out to SORTA to express your concerns.
- If you want to restore XTRA routes, please join the virtual meeting from 4–6 p.m. Thursday, August 5, to share your comments.
- If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can also submit comments the following ways:
All comments received by August 5, 2021, at 6 p.m. will become part of the official public record and will be considered by SORTA.
- We encourage our families to reach out to SORTA directly. You can also contact your members of Cincinnati City Council and Hamilton County Commissioners.
- Reminder: All Metro routes will be updated on August 15. When using the Transit Route App, insert the date on which you will be traveling to get accurate details.
Mask Policy Continued
- Universal masking, regardless of vaccination status, is required when inside CPS buildings.
- This includes during work and school, as well as during afterschool programs, athletics, and extracurriculars.
Updated Quarantine Guidelines
- If a student has been identified as a close contact of a COVID positive person at school, the student’s family will be notified. The student may continue to attend school while free of COVID symptoms.
- If the student develops symptoms, the student will quarantine at home.
- Please note that if the exposure is from a friend or family who is a close contact outside the school environment, original quarantine rules apply.
- These updated processes also apply to CPS employees.
- More information on our District's safety plan.
Back to school, back to the classroom!
- We will resume five-days-a-week, in-person learning for the 2021–22 school year, with safety protocols in place.
- In-person learning is the best option for most students who have a richer academic experience and better social-emotional support while in-person with teachers and staff.
- Click here for our back to school flier!
- Families can also enroll in Cincinnati Digital Academy.
- Cincinnati Digital Academy is an alternative, technology-based learning option for families who do not wish to send their children to in-person school.
- It will be the only distance option for the 2021–22 school year.
- Cincinnati Digital Academy students will have flexible access to online curriculum to accommodate their unique needs and schedule.